What is Kickstart?
Kickstart is a new £2 billion Government scheme that is creating hundreds of thousands of Government-subsidised job placements to help young people into work and support the UK's economic revival.
As an employer, Kickstart will give you access to a large pool of young people with potential, who are ready for an opportunity, at zero cost to you. GC want to work with you to deliver high-quality placements that go beyond the minimum requirements of the scheme to deliver an outstanding experience that both you and they can be proud of.
What are the benefits to you as an employer?
- Recruit fresh new talent and ideas into your business at zero cost
- Benefit from fully-subsidised job placements for 25 hours per-week, including associated employer National Insurance contributions and minimum automatic enrolment contributions
- Funding to cover the training and development needs of each young person placed
- Potential to secure the future workforce of your business
Am I eligible to apply?
- Employers from all industries and across the private, public and voluntary sectors are eligible to apply
- Kickstart applications are open to any organisation, regardless of size
- If you have less than 30 job placements we can partner you with other organisations and apply on your behalf
- Businesses across all sectors can host Kickstart placements, however, Sole Traders are currently unable to take part in the scheme
- If you are a young person looking for a Kickstart role you can find out more here.
What types of roles are eligible for Kickstart funding?
- They must be new jobs and not replace existing or planned vacancies or cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment.
- The roles must be for a minimum of 25 hours per week, for six-months and paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group. They should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement.
Employers - Want to know more?
Complete our short form to register your interest in a Kickstart application today
Young people – want to know more?
The Growth Company is an award-winning social enterprise with a mission to enable growth, create jobs and improve lives. Over the last 30 years we have honed our expertise to deliver employment, skills, investment and enterprise services that support thriving businesses, creating well-paid jobs for talented individuals across our diverse communities.
We’re proud of the positive difference we make to the 100,000 individuals and 30,000 businesses we work with day-in, day-out. As an accredited training provider, rated Ofsted Good and ISO 9001 certified you can be confident in the quality of the training and support provision delivered by our dedicated and passionate team of professionals. It is their ability and expertise at working responsively with a wide range of partners and commissioners, including DWP, that ensures you’re always in safe hands with us! We are also Investors in People and a disability confident employer.
To find out more about GC credentials click here.